Monday, November 28, 2016

The Future

The future is something, as a kid, that I always looked forward to. Flying cars, robots, and spaceships that could take me places I could never imagine, the child in me expected nothing but the best. Now, on the brink of adulthood and in light of the previous election, I would much rather go back to when I was young again and dreaming of a perfect future.

Nowadays, instead of trying to forward ourselves as a race, we're so caught up in petty arguments and debates about nothing, holding us back as a result. Social and political issues run rampant in a time where most don't even understand either topic, yet everyone seems to have an opinion on. This self-destructive behavior is not something that I like seeing from us, and the fact that while we do that, many issues go unnoticed is quite terrifying. In an age where corporations seem to have a firm grasp on us from every end, social media sites do nothing but serve as a spot to nitpick everyone and everything instead of actually doing something in society.

I hope that throughout the rest of my life, I am able to get by without seeing any world wars or the end result of the global warming we've all caused, but so few seem to actually worry about. I hope that the foreseeable future is similar to the one I dreamed up as a kid, but if anything, I see it becoming more like the one we saw in Idoiocricy.

No comments:

Post a Comment